Last updated: May 19, 2021.
Airtable is excited to welcome you to create Applications on our Platform! This Policy is intended to ensure we provide high-quality and user-friendly products and services, and do what we can to protect the safety, security, privacy, and legal rights of our Users.
This Policy provides certain terms and conditions governing your use of our Platform and APIs. The Policy also sets out requirements for Applications that may be published and used through the Airtable Marketplace. At a high level, in addition to the other factors discussed in this Policy, we will consider the following when determining whether to publish your Application:
- Function: Does the Application do what it says?
- Security and Safety: Does the Application have security flaws, and does it protect the rights of those who interact with it?
- Design: Does the Application provide Users an intuitive experience?
- Integrity: Does the Application treat Users and others fairly and in compliance with law?
Definitions: The following definitions will help in understanding and interpreting this Policy:
- “Airtable” means Formagrid Inc, which does business as Airtable. Airtable is also referred to as “we” in this Policy.
- “API” means any application programming interface we may make available to you.
- “Application” means any software application, functionality, website, product, or service that you create (or your organization creates) that uses Airtable’s APIs or that otherwise integrates with the Platform.
- “Platform” means Airtable’s online hosted services, www.airtable.com and its subdomains, as well as our mobile applications and downloadable software.
- “User” means any authorized user of the Platform, as well as anyone who interacts with the Platform, or whose Data is on the Platform.
- “Data” means data, information, or other content uploaded, posted, stored, transmitted, exposed, or otherwise made available through the Platform, including by Users when using Applications.
- “Terms” means Airtable’s Terms of Service, available at airtable.com/tos, or such other agreement, such as a Master Subscription Agreement, that governs your use of Airtable.
The Big Picture: To create and provide an Application on the Platform, you agree to comply with this Policy and the Terms. We may review any Application to determine whether it complies with this Policy and is appropriate for the Airtable Marketplace, and we may deny you or any User access to the Platform, or to any or all of our APIs, in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to take any action we deem necessary if we believe an Application violates this Policy or compromises the intent of this Policy, including removing an Application from the Platform. Access to certain APIs may require review and approval, which we may grant in our sole discretion. In order to be granted access, you may be required to provide additional information about your organization and your Application.
Security: An Application, your network, and the operating system and software of your web servers, databases, and computer systems, must: maintain appropriate administrative, organizational, technical, and physical controls to ensure the privacy, security, and confidentiality of Data; store Data using industry-standard encryption; and protect Data and any other data used in your Application from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. In addition, you and your Applications may not:
- Use unpublished APIs or APIs to which you were not given access by Airtable, or APIs as to which your access has been revoked by Airtable;
- Provide access to the Platform in any fraudulent or unauthorized way, including by bypassing or circumventing protocols or access controls;
- Transmit any viruses, malware, or other code that may damage, interfere with, or intercept any of Airtable’s systems or Data;
- Allow or facilitate financial transactions on the Platform (or allow or facilitate financial transactions outside the Platform that are not completed in a secure manner consistent with industry best practices);
- Access any Data or devices without authorization or in excess of authorized access;
- Make misleading or deceptive statements about Application functionality, performance, origin, or Data use; or
- Send excessive data loads to Airtable’s APIs (e.g., more than 15 API calls per second) without Airtable’s explicit permission.
User Experience and Design: An Application should be useful, well-designed, thoughtful, appropriate, stable, easily navigable, and functional on (at a minimum) the desktop version of the Platform and all web browsers that the Platform currently supports (see the technical requirements here). The Airtable-built Applications available on the Airtable Marketplace are examples of Applications that provide a positive User experience. In addition, you and your Applications may not:
- Present Users with an immediate paywall, before the Users see a welcome page or enjoy Application functionality;
- Display advertising or promotional content beyond your (or your organization’s) name and logo, or use Data in any advertisements or for purposes of targeting advertisements or contacting Users;
- Neglect appropriate customer assistance, including failing to provide contact methods for Users to obtain timely assistance and support;
- Fail to address negative feedback and bugs in a timely manner; or
- Fail to notify Airtable if an Application’s function changes, or if the Application itself is discontinued.
Commercial Conduct: Your use of our APIs and your Applications must meet the standards of fair and appropriate commercial conduct. To this end, you and your Applications may not:
- Circumvent Airtable’s pricing, features, or access restrictions or otherwise use any API in any manner to avoid paying applicable fees for your or any other person’s use of the Platform;
- Use Airtable’s APIs to replicate or compete with Airtable’s core products or services outside of the Platform;
- Imply an Airtable endorsement, certification, affiliation, or partnership without explicit permission from Airtable; or
- Sub-license, distribute, or allow access to the Airtable APIs to or by anyone else (each User requires an individual token).
- You and your Application must comply with all applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations.
- You may only retrieve or access Data from the Platform to the extent enabled by Users to whom the Data relates.
- You may collect, store, or use Data solely as necessary to provide an Application’s functionality to its Users.
- You may not contact Users without their consent in compliance with law.
- You may not ask Users to provide sensitive, private, or confidential personal information, such as credit card numbers or passwords, unless specifically necessary to fulfill the Application’s legitimate function and purpose as requested by Users.
- You may not rent or sell Data to third parties.
- If a User of your Application makes a request to access, update, delete, or otherwise take action in connection with such User’s Data, you must review and comply with such request as required by applicable law.
- You may not exploit or use Data to build, create, or modify User profiles or combine a User’s Data with data acquired from another source, other than as necessary for Application functionality, nor may you otherwise use or exploit Data in violation of this Policy.
Law and Safety: Each Application must comply with all applicable laws and legal requirements. In addition, you and your Applications may not:
- Confuse, deceive, defraud, mislead, spam, or intimidate Users;
- Infringe upon, or facilitate the infringing of, any intellectual property rights;
- Use vulgar or obscene language or images, or offer content that is violent, extreme, hateful, harassing, bullying, or that a reasonable person would consider inappropriate for the workplace;
- Facilitate violations of the law or the use of Airtable in violation of the Terms; or
- Falsely represent that an Application is authorized by or produced by another company or organization.
Data Breach: In the event you discover or have reason to suspect that there has been loss, theft, or destruction of Data, or unauthorized access to (or attempt to access), acquisition of, disclosure of, use of, or alteration of Data, through or in connection with your Application, you must inform Airtable immediately in writing (and in no event later than 48 hours after the relevant incident), and cooperate with Airtable’s own investigation into the incident, assist with any required Airtable notices, and provide any information requested by Airtable in connection with the incident. You can reach Airtable for these purposes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Violations of this Policy may result in removal from the Airtable Marketplace, token revocation, developer suspension, legal action or any other action deemed appropriate or necessary by Airtable. If you violate this Policy we may or may not provide notice before taking action. Please note that we may periodically audit Applications, including to assess for compliance of this Policy, and if requested, you must provide us with proof of compliance with this Policy.
This Policy may change from time to time. When we make changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last updated” date at the beginning of this Policy. If we make material changes to this Policy, we may notify you by email, by prominent posting on Airtable’s website or other messaging through the Platform, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes will be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise stated.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.